Official Zambia Correctional Service Recruitment 2021-2022 | Form dates & requirements
we are pleased as we keep you updated about Zambia Correctional Service Recruitment 2021-2022 | Form dates & requirements. see full details below
Apply for Zambia Correctional Service Recruitment, currently hiring. It’s important to follow all instructions when applying for the jobs online. Regardless of how you apply, it’s important to follow the company’s application instructions, to submit all the required materials, and to carefully proofread your application before you click the “Submit” button.
Zambia Correctional Service invites applications from interested and suitably qualified Zambians to join its rank and file as professionals:-
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medicine and Bachelor of Science Degree in Surgery (MBchB); and Masters in Public Health (01)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medicine and Bachelor of Science Degree in Surgery (MBchB) or equivalent (01)
- Bachelor Science in Psychiatric (02)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (05)
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine (06)
- Diploma in Registered Nursing (12)
- Diploma in Agricultural Engineering (04)
- Diploma in Veterinary Science (04)
- Diploma in Crop Science (04)
- Diploma in Water Engineering (12)
- Diploma in Electrical Engineering (06)
- Diploma in Automotive Mechanics (04)
- Diploma in Auto-Electrical (04)
- Diploma in Social Work (03)
- Diploma in Guidance and Counseling (03)
- Diploma in Industrial Arts (04)
- Diploma in Purchasing und Supply (12)
- Diploma in Food Production (02)
- Certificate in Metal Fabrication (06)
- Certificate in Brick-Laying and Plastering (07)
- Certificate in Plumbing and Sheet Metal (12)
- Earth Moving Operators (Tractors, Combined Harvesters, Bulldozers, Graders) (10)
- ZICA Licentiate or equivalent (Non-Uniformed Positions) (06)
- ZICA Technician or equivalent (Non-Uniformed Positions) (05)
Prospective candidates must meet the following:
- Must be a Zambian Citizen with Green National Registration Card (NRC);
- Must possess Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with five (05) Credits;
- Must be between 18 – 35 years of age:
- Must be physically mentliily fit;
- Must have no criminal record;
- Must be ready to undergo military training;
- Must be single the time of recruitment;
- Must not be less than 1.65m tall;
- Must be ready and willing to work in rural parts of Zambia.
Interested candidates should apply in their own handwriting to respective Regional Commanding Officers; Central; Lusaka; Copperbelt; Southern; Eastern; North-Western; Western: Luapula; Northern and Muchinga Provinces.
Note the following:
- No Application letter will be received at Correctional Service Headquarters and Correctional Staff Training Colleges.
- All applicants must be affiliates to their Professional Associations where applicable.
- Candidates who will be shortlisted will be expected to meet the cost of their accommodation, meals and travel expenses to and from the place of interview.
- Only candidates meeting the stipulated requirements should apply.
- Only successfill candidates will be communicated to.
Closing dute for receiving applications will be Thursday 18th March, 2021 at 17:00 hours.
For further information contact;
Telephone Number: +260 215 222125 +260 953580162
The Director, Human Resource
Zambia Correctional Service Headquarters
Legislation and Policies
In addition to its legislative mandate, the ZCS is compelled by the Constitution to comply with the following rights in terms of the treatment of offenders:
- human dignity
- freedom and security of the person
- right to healthcare services
- children’s rights
- right to education
- freedom of religion
- right to humane treatment and to communicate with and be visited by family and next of kin.
To provide humane custody and quality correctional services in order to promote public safety and to contribute to the social economic development of the country.
The following are the functions for the Zambia Correctional Service:-
- To provide safe and humane custody of inmates until they are lawfully discharged in order to safeguard the interest of the public;
- To improve the existing prisons and reformatory infrastructure and increase their number in order to raise habitable standards of the inmates;
- To effectively and efficiently manage human resources in order to attain their full utilisation for efficient service delivery to inmates;
- To effectively manage and efficiently utilise logistical and material support service in order to efficiently provide custodial and correctional services to inmates;
- To expedite the review of legislation relating to the treatment of inmates and juveniles and monitor its implementation in order to conform to the United Nations (UN) standard minimum rules for the treatment of offenders;
- To provide for the integration of ex-mates into society in order to reduce recidivism;
- To provide and disseminate information on the operations of the Zambian Prisons Service in order to increase awareness;
- To cooperate with the other security agencies (local and international) in the dispensation of criminal justice in order to improve justice delivery to inmates;
- To develop and implement an institutional capacity building plan for the effective implementation of the Prisons Service Reform Programme in order to effectively and efficiently deliver services to inmates; and
- To research into and carry out educational campaign programmes in prisons and prison camps in order to determine the seroprevalence of the HIV/AIDS pandemic and to sensitise the inmates and staff on its dangers.
Thanks for your interest in Zambia Correctional Service Recruitment 2019, follow the instructions on the page to join.