ABOUT THE COMPANY – UKZN
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about University of KwaZulu-Natal Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
On 1 January 2004, the University of KwaZulu-Natal was created owing to the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville merging. These two former universities were one of the few institutions to merge in accordance with the higher educational restructuring plans of the South African government at the time.
The vision of the University of KwaZulu-Natal is to be the premier University of African Scholarship and its mission is to be a proudly South African institution that promoted academic excellence and research that is innovative, engaged with society, and entrepreneurial.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal is split up into four main colleges: College of Agriculture, Engineering and Science (AES); College of Law and Management; College of Humanities; and College of Health Sciences.
ABOUT THE UKZN BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
The University of KwaZulu-Natal is offering a bursary program to undergraduate students registered for 2021. The program aims to aid these students by providing them with the necessary funds for their year of studies.
The bursary is applicable for studies at the University of KwaZulu-Natal’s following colleges:
- College of AES (Agriculture, Engineering and Science)
- College of Law and Management
- College of Humanities
- College of Health Sciences
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE UKZN BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be registered to study as a full time student at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, for the 2021 academic year
- You must have achieved a minimum overall average of 65% for your degree studies
- You must have a family home income of NO MORE than R600 000 per annum
- You must NOT have received NSFAS funding or other full funding for the 2021 academic year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE UKZN BURSARY
Download and complete the UKZN Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse/ your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ SASSA confirmation if receiving a grant)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse ID documents (certified copies)
- Marriage certificate, if parents/ guardians are married (certified copy)
- Divorce certificate, if parents/ guardians are divorced
- Death certificates, if parents/ guardians are deceased (certified copy)
Applications must be submitted your the Financial Aid Advisor of your relevant college:
1) College of AES
Contact person: Ms. Linda Mdunge
Contact details: email@example.com
Contact person: Ms. Marcia Ntamote
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Mrs. Lindiwe Kumalo
Contact details: email@example.com
2) College of Law and Management:
Contact person: Ms. Nosipho Mkhize
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) College of Humanities:
Contact details: email@example.com
4) College of Health Sciences:
Howard College / Medical School
Contact person: Mr. Bongumusa Gumbi
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact person: Mr. Jay Maharajh
Contact details: email@example.com
NOTES ABOUT THE UKZN BURSARY
- All application forms must be submitted to the candidate’s college/ university financial advisor on their campus.
- All bursary funds are dependant on the amount made available by sponsors (i.e. funding is NOT guaranteed).
- Successful candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback by 30 October
2021, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- All documentation should not be older than 3 months.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE UKZN BURSARY
31 August 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact contact the University of KwaZulu-Natal directly:
Or contact the Financial Aid Advisor of your college via the email addresses above.
Please do NOT contact the UKZN if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 4 July 2021.