ABOUT THE COMPANY – SANRAL
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about SANRAL Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
The South African National Roads Agency SOC Limited (SANRAL), founded in 1998, is a South African state-owned enterprise with the responsibility of maintaining, managing and developing the expanding National Road network within the country.
SANRAL is owned by the South African government and represented by the Minister of Transport. The companies vision is to be a global leader in the provision of a superior national road network, with Integrity; Participativeness; Excellence; Care and Pro-activeness as the core values.
ABOUT THE SANRAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED & COVERAGE VALUE
SANRAL are inviting students to apply for the bursary award for the 2022 academic year, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
The bursary will cover studies in the following fields: Engineering, Transportation Infrastructure, and related professions within the Built Environment, Public Sector Infrastructure Development, Smart Technologies, Administration and other professions related to SANRAL’s core business.
Bursary recipients will be selected based on academic performance and financial need (in line with SANRAL’s Bursary Policy’s), as well as other applicable conditions.
MORE ABOUT THE SANRAL BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
SANRAL will be awarding full and partial bursaries. The full bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, study equipment, accommodation, food and travel expenses. The partial bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees and accommodation.
The value of the bursary awarded will depend on the Means Test – all applications will undergo a Means Test, which is a calculation used to determine the amount of financial assistance SANRAL will provide. The applicants family may need to contribute to any outstanding fees, depending on the results of the Means Test.
Bursary candidates will have the opportunity to apply for on-the-job training.
Successful candidates will be contacted – if you do not received any feedback, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SANRAL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must NOT be older than 35 years of age
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or accepted to study full-time towards a qualification within one of the aforementioned fields
- You must be studying or accepted to study at a recognised University, University of Technology or Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) institution in South African
- Matric students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
- University students: you must have achieved a minimum overall average of 60%
- You must have proven financial need
- You must NOT be currently receiving any other bursary funding or financial assistance from another institution
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE SANRAL BURSARY
Download and complete the SANRAL Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document or birth certificate (certified copy)
- June 2021 academic results (certified copy)
- Proof of registration for the 2022 academic year (on institutions letterhead)
- Motivational letter written by the applicant (stating why you deserve the bursary and about yourself: 2 pages)
- Motivational letter written by your school principal to support your application
- Motivational letter written by your parents/ guardians to support your application
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips if employed)
- Parents/ guardians proof of residence (water and electricity bill from the local council, affidavit if unemployed or self-employed)
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to Ms R Erasmus: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “SANRAL Bursary – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
CLOSING DATE FOR THE SANRAL BURSARY
30 September 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact SANRAL directly:
Contact Person: Ms R Erasmus
Please do NOT contact SANRAL if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 15 June 2021.