ABOUT THE COMPANY – OLD MUTUAL
we (sagist.co.za team) are please to inform to you about Old Mutual Accounting Bursary South Africa 2022-2023|read full details
Old Mutual is Southern Africa’s most well-established and biggest financial services provider, providing services to individuals and businesses. The companies personal finance solutions include a range of insurance cover options and savings plans for individuals, including financial planning; retirement planning; education planning; savings and investments; disability and severe illness cover; wills and trusts; short-term insurance life insurance and funeral cover.
The companies business solutions include institutional investing; retirement investments; consulting services; retirement fund solutions; corporate servicing; cell captive solutions; employee well being; risk and disability benefits; business insurance and agriculture insurance.
ABOUT THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & OTHER OPPORTUNITIES
Old Mutual are inviting students to apply for the Accounting Bursary programme, for studies at the University of Cape Town, the University of Witwatersrand, the University of Pretoria or Stellenbosch University. Students who have great financial minds, are skilled at accounting, wish to make a difference in the financial industry and will be studying towards an Accounting qualification should apply.
The Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: tuition fees, book allowance, accommodation in residence and one return flight home each year if studying outside of your hometown. Students will also have the chance to undertake vacation work. Students who achieve excellent grades will receive more incentives.
Once students have graduated, they will also receive the following opportunities: solo mentoring by a qualified and experienced CA, guaranteed employment, in-house rotation programme allowing you access to professional development in various areas and working alongside industry experts in various fields.
ABOUT ACCOUNTING AS A CAREER
Chartered Accountants are involved with various aspects of financial work, including:
- Managing financial systems and budgets
- Undertaking financial audits
- Preparation of financial reports and documents
- Maintaining investment records
- Reviewing possible financial risk
- Providing professional opinions and advise to companies regarding financial decisions
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE OLD MUTUAL BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- You must be studying or intend on studying towards an Accounting qualification
- You must be studying or intend on studying at one of the following tertiary institutes: University of Cape Town/ University of Witwatersrand/ University of Pretoria/ Stellenbosch University
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 70% or level 6 for ALL subject in Matric (including English and Mathematics – NOT Mathematical Literacy)
- You must be committed to enter the Old Mutual CA Training Programme and work for the company after graduation
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: Old Mutual Actuarial Bursary Application
Candidates will be required to Register an Account before they can Login and Apply
You may be required to submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate or final results, if completed Matric or currently at University (certified copy)
OLD MUTUAL BURSARY APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
Step 1: complete the online application form by filling in personal information and academic results.
Step 2: after completing step 1, students will be required to complete online gamified assessments and a psychometric assessment.
Step 3: after completing step 2, students will receive an email to complete the digital application form – this form will ask students to explain why they would like to apply for the Old Mutual Bursary and why they are interested in a career in Actuarial Science.
Step 4: after completing step 3, students will be invited to an online interview – the interview will assess students true interest in Actuarial Science and give the team a chance to get to know you better.
CLOSING DATE FOR THE OLD MUTUAL ACCOUNTING BURSARY
30 July 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Old Mutual directly:
Tel: 021 504 7285
Email: [email protected] (for technical issues when applying)
Please do NOT contact Old Mutual if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 28 May 2021.