ABOUT THE COMPANY – NATIONAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT CENTRE
We(sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
The National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) are responsible for promoting a system of Disaster Management, especially focused on prevention and mitigation by Municipal, Provincial and National organs of state and other role players and communities. The NDMC is part of the Department of Provincial and Local Government.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED, COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The Department of Cooperative Governance (DCoG); through the National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC), will be awarding bursaries for studies within the fields of Disaster (Risk) Management or related fields of study.
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, book allowance (to the maximum value of R5 500) and a research allowance (to the maximum value of R11 000).
Successful candidates will be contacted by 31 January 2021 – if you do not receive any feedback, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.?
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying or accepted to study towards a Disaster (Risk) Management or related field of study (excluding a PhD)
- Studying or accepted to study at a recognised public tertiary institution in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum result of 50% for all subjects in Matric
- Achieved a minimum result of 50% for all major subjects at tertiary level, if currently studying
- Proven financial need – household income of less than R350 000 per year
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the NDMC Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- 2020 academic results, if currently studying at tertiary level (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of admission or acceptance into a public tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve to be awarded the bursary
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Proof of income, if employed (latest payslip)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income, if you are dependent on them (latest payslips/ affidavit if students does not have one or both parents)
- Proof of residence
- Proof of any other financial support
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Director: Disaster Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research
Private Bag X804
2) Hand delivery:
1303 Heuwel Avenue
30 December 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the National Disaster Management Centre directly:
Contact Person: Mr Mokhurumelo Kgwetiane / Mr Lesego Shoroma
Tel: 012 848 4615 / 012 848 4801
Cell: 060 983 6914 / 082 644 1200
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org