ABOUT THE COMPANY – MINTEK
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Mintek Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
Mintek is a proudly South African provider of metallurgical engineering and mineral processing products and services, founded in 1934. They are the countries national mineral research organisation and one of the top technology organisations across the globe.
The companies 10 technical divisions include: Biotechnology; Mineralogy; Minerals Processing; Hydrometallurgy; Pyrometallurgy; Analytical Services; Advanced Materials; Mineral Economics & Strategy; Measurement And Control Solutions and Small Scale Mining & Beneficiation
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Mintek will be awarding bursaries for Masters and Doctoral studies into the applications of reinforcement learning within Metallurgy.
Students will be required to conduct applied and theoretical research into the use of reinforcement learning in metallurgical processes and metallurgical plants, at Mintek and at their university.
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE & SELECTION
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, meals, accommodation, a textbook allowance and a laptop allowance.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview and write a psychometrics’ test – if you have not received any feedback within 1 month of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Completed an undergraduate Engineering degree
- Excellent academic record in one of the following engineering sectors: Chemical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering/ Metallurgy Engineering
- Studying towards a Masters or PhD degree qualification, with focus on reinforcement learning within metallurgy
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institute in South Africa
- Have formal exposure to software development (preferably in Python)
- Have conducted research in reinforcement learning, deep learning or machine learning (advantageous but not essential)
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: http://applythis.net/mintek/search/vacancy/all/1/3737239/mintek%20bursary%20randburg%20south%20africa.html
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Undergraduate degree certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
20 March 2020.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Mintek directly:
Human Resources and Development Division
Tel: 011 709 4971
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org