ABOUT THE COMPANY – LONMIN
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Lonmin Bursary South Africa 2022-2023/read full details.
Lonmin plc was founded and incorporated in 1909, in the United Kingdom, as London and Rhodesian Mining and Land Company Limited. As of June 2019, Sibanye-Stillwater completed the acquisition of Lonmin Plc.
Sibanye-Stillwater, a JSE (Johannesburg Stock Exchange) and LSE (London Stock Exchange) listed company, is one of the biggest primary producers of PGMs (platinum group metals) in the world.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
The Lonmin bursary scheme was initiated to try assist students in attaining mining/ mining-related qualifications at university level, and thereby increasing skills within the mining sector.
The bursary will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Analytical Chemistry (reference: 10019)
- Metallurgy (reference: 10020)
- Chemical Engineering (reference: 10021)
- Chemistry: BSc/ BEng (reference: 10022)
- Information Technology (reference: 10023)
- Electrical Engineering: Light Current – Instrumentation (reference: 10024)
- Medical Doctor (reference: 10025)
- Pharmacy (reference: 10026)
- Occupational Therapy (reference: 10027)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – OTHER OPPORTUNITIES & SELECTION PROCESS
Students will be required to take part in 8 weeks of vacation work at Lonmin each year, to allow students to gain practical working experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon after the application deadline. If you have not received any feedback from Lonmin within 30 days of the application closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying full time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for Mathematics and Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for current studies
- Analytical Chemistry students: entering your 4th year of study in 2020
- Metallurgy students: entering your 1st, 2nd or 3rd year of study in 2020
- Chemical Engineering students: entering your 3rd or 4th year of study in 2020
- Chemistry students: entering your 3rd year of study in 2020
- Information Technology students: entering your 1st or 2nd year of study in 2020
- Electrical Engineering: Light Current – Instrumentation students: entering your 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th year of study in 2020
- Medical Doctor students: entering your 4th year of study in 2020
- Pharmacy students: entering your 3rd year of study in 2020
- Occupational Therapy students: entering your 3rd year of study in 2020
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Applications must be done online at: https://lonmin.pnet.co.za/#s=job_search
Click on the “Job Opportunities” tab and then insert the word “bursary” into the keyword search bar to bring up the list of open bursaries.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
21 June 2019.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Lonmin Careers Portal support team directly:
Tel: 010 140 3099
Alternatively, please contact Sibanye-Stillwater directly:
Contact People: Yolandi Clarence/ Patience Hadebe/ Attie Benson
Tel: 014 571 4893/ 014 571 4313
Email: Yolandi.Clarence@sibanystillwater.com / Patience.Hadebe@sibanystillwater.com / Attie.Benson@sibanyestillwater.com
For queries relating to the application process, please read https://lonmin.pnet.co.za/#s=static&x=faq