ABOUT THE COMPANY – IMPLATS
We (sagist.co.za team) are pleased to inform you about Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary South Africa 2022-2023 /read full details.
Implats is one of the top producers of platinum and related platinum group metals (PGMs) (cobalt, copper and nickel), with operations based in the Great Dyke in Zimbabwe and the Bushveld Complex in SA – two of the greatest global PGM-bearing ore bodies.
The company is listed on the JSE Limited, has approximately 53 000 employees and a revenue of around R26.121 billion.
Implats vision is to be the best and biggest platinum-producing organisation across the globe, and they are keeping true to their goal by producing 22% of the primary platinum supply in the world.
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – FIELDS COVERED
Every year, Impala Platinum/ Implats invite students within the Engineering and Science sector to apply for their prestigious bursary programme. Students who are pursuing studies in the following fields are welcome to apply for the bursary:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current only)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgy Engineering (Extractive)
- Mining Engineering
- Survey (Mining)
- Accounting (BCom up to Honors level)
- Human Resources (BCom to Honors level)
- Chemistry (BSc up to Honors level)
- Geology (Mining/ Exploration) (up to Honors level)
MORE ABOUT THE BURSARY PROGRAMME – COVERAGE VALUE, SERVICE CONTRACT & SELECTION PROCESS
The bursary award covers the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation in residence, computer allowance (from second year only) and a cash allowance.
Bursary recipients will be required to take part in vacation work at Impala Platinum, at the end of every year. They are also required to work for the company for the duration of the bursary programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and required to attend an interview (at the Impala Platinum Rustenburg operation). If you have not received feedback within 30 days of the application deadline, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric and received a University exemption
- Must be studying or plan on studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for English in Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for Science Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum result of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for Mathematics in Matric
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
Students must also possess the following personal criteria to apply:
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be able to use common sense
- Must be a logical thinker
- Must have strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Must have strong leadership skills but still able to work in a team
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE BURSARY
Download and complete the Impala Platinum Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric cerificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ proof of results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- University certificate of conduct, if currently at tertiary level
- Curriculum Vitae
- A recent black and white photograph of yourself (head and shoulders)
Applications must be posted to:
PO Box 5683
31 March 2021.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
CONTACT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Implats directly:
Impala Platinum: Bursaries Department
Tel: 014 569 0088
Please do NOT contact Implats if this bursary has already closed. View our other bursaries open for application here: https://www.zabursaries.co.za/bursary-news/
This bursary listing was last updated on: 1 March 2021 at 10:05.